365 Days of Earrings

Monday, February 21, 2011

Galvanizing snowflakes

A couple of years ago when we went to D.C. to see Westside Story, we browsed through a holiday street bazaar nearby. I was captivated by the work of a craftsman who welded jewelry out of hardware: nails, nuts, bolts.

I requested this pair as a Christmas gift. What a great display of hexagons! Six points--snowflakes!

When I left home this morning, wearing these, the forecast called for an inch of wintry mix. Whenever anyone mentioned the weather, I tilted my head, dangled an earring, and pointed out, "I'm doing my part!" By the time I left school this afternoon, the radio advised that the area prepare for 3-5 inches of snow. Wunderground was calling for 4-6 inches west of town.

An icy mix is already accumulating here on our mountain. Now of course my earrings don't really influence the weather. But I'm just saying, when I left home this morning, wearing this pair, the forecast called for an inch of wintry mix.

I think I better have my headlamp handy, in case the power goes out. And remember to be careful what I wish for!

No comments: