365 Days of Earrings

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Postage Française

Today I was torn. Chinese New Year (my Chinese characters say monkey, not rabbit, which is this year), or 3rd Grade Strings concert?

I opted for my French postage stamp earrings. A perfect choice since my students argued at length about whether my earrings picture a violin, a viola, or a cello (the three instruments that they play), or whether the two halves represent two different instruments, since the colors of the two earrings don't match precisely.

Playing before their entire school, the children took such pride in what they have learned in a few short months. Students in higher grades remember their concert. Younger children look forward to theirs. Tradition. It's a big day--worthy of an earring tribute!

No comments: