365 Days of Earrings

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Des cynes pour le bateau

Today we will meet the crew and passengers for our boat and bike trip in France. I'm wearing my swan earrings, a birthday gift from my sister-in-law Beth three birthdays ago, when we were on our previous bike and barge expedition in Holland.


I couldn't remember the French word for swam, so I looked in all 3 of our hard-copy resources. No such entry. I went on-line, and presto, cygne. Zut, alors! Je l'ai connu toups le temps. (I'm not sure about connu... it's been 37 years since I sat in French class, and I wasn't great at verb tenses even then... but I'm aiming for connaitre, meaning to know... Shucks! I knew it all along!) Cygnet is a young swan, in English...


I'm also wearing my favorite bike shirt, also from Holland.


Now we're off to find the boat. 


Bon voyage!

2 comments:

J-ROK LGM said...

YAY! So glad you arrived safely and timely! And as a pitiful french scholar, I can give you no feedback on whether you used the correct tense of the verb, but I knew what you were saying :)

Käthe said...

Woohoo! I hope your first day was great :)