365 Days of Earrings

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Building Towers



Today I visited my 3rd grade classroom, went shopping for classroom supplies, typed and printed labels and lists, and brainstormed a bit about the opening days of school. Just dabbling, getting my feet wet; not quite ready to plunge in.

These earrings seemed perfect for the day: two stacks of beads-- one, two three. That will be my goal over the next couple of weeks: build two matching towers, my theoretical curriculum and the classroom materials that will enable me to implement it. I have lots of components in files and bins and notebooks, but I need to polish them up, make sure they fit together to make a balanced pair. Math, language arts, social studies. Tied together with a hidden wire to form a unified whole.

No comments: