365 Days of Earrings

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Bulbs Dangling on the Tree

It's beginning to look like Christmas at our house. John brought the tree in and strung the lights. It's a beginning!

I spent the day writing notes on cards and making a few quick presents to put in the mail.

Our children are trickling in: one is here, one arrives tomorrow, the third on Tuesday; we'll have a full house come Wednesday when our son-in-law Jim arrives. That's when it will really feel like Christmas is coming!

As John strung the lights on the tree, I realized which earrings I should wear today: one of my 4 pair of Christmas bulbs. This is the only red pair, one of the two that once flashed on-and-off, powered by tiny but heavy watch batteries.

I could never stand to wear this pair for long--too heavy. But they're popular favorites among people who're amused by their flashing lights.

Seven days remain for wearing Christmas earrings. Which ones tomorrow?

No comments: