365 Days of Earrings

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Stockings

Christmas Eve! Good thing we managed to find the stockings before it was time for Santa to arrive. I'd begun to think we might have to leave shoeboxes out instead.

I spent today in my own version of Santa's workshop: sewing and knitting, designing labels to print and trim, packing bags and wrapping boxes. Then off to a church Christmas pageant, home again to cook Christmas Eve dinner, then off to wrap some more. A wonderful holiday, but at the end of the day, I'm as exhausted as if I'd been at work all day.



Today, I wore my tiny glass stocking earrings. They were a gift from a student a few years ago. They are a bit heavy and swing pendulously, reminding me all day that the hours were ticking away.

Christmas Eve! Christmas is less than an hour away! The stockings are hung with care, waiting for everyone to sleep so that Santa can work some magic. These days, Santa wakes up early to fill the stockings at our house. Santa needs some sleep, with morning only a few hours away.

No comments: