365 Days of Earrings

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Of wifi and balance

I'm on a Megabus headed for NYC for the weekend "reunion" of the Reading and Writing Project at Columbia Teachers College with some colleagues and my daughter Kathe.

The promised wireless on board lacks consistency. So right now I'm piggybacking on the Bolt bus' wireless as we follow it up 95.

Today I'm wearing a pair of earrings that I made recently out of beads purchased at a bead shop in Leesburg, VA.

As is true of most humans, one of my ears is lower than the other. This pair works best when each earring is placed on the correct ear, making the two turquoise beads dangle at the same height.

The Bolt Bus blew past us, taking the wifi with it. But most of what I'd typed remains.

After a Broadway show, Tom Stoppard's Arcadia, I'm ready to sleep.

No comments: