365 Days of Earrings

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day

This morning my daughter Phoebe called and reminded me that today is Pi Day: 3.14. What a great excuse to stop spring cleaning! After I finished the chores I'd set myself (calling the electrician, vacuuming, greeting the electrician, and cleaning the car) I set about making my pi earrings and my cherry pie.

The cherries have been waiting in the freezer since last June, when Phoebe picked them and John pitted them. Sour cherries from our own tree. Yum.



 



A new taste sensation: cherry pie with half of a dark chocolate Klondike! (If only Klondikes were round, and I could have the excuse that pi was somehow involved!)


Happy Pi Day!

3 comments:

Käthe said...

Love these earrings! I think that Jim and I had a LOT to do with those cherries in the pie, too. The student teacher in the math class made pi stickers which I wore throughout the day, but these earrings top them! She also had pi earrings and was even willing to let me take a picture at lunch, but we didn't get to it. Perhaps you could save me a piece of this pie for Thursday?!

Phoebe said...

I LOVE these earrings too!! How great! I am glad I played a part in informing and cherry picking, although I wish I could have been there to share in the pi. I think you did pi day right though, mama!

jwkrumich said...

Kathe, there will probably be a LITTLe of the cherry pie available left if you hurry up here! It is exceptionally good due to the sour cherries!