365 Days of Earrings

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Moons of Saturn

This morning I was pondering the news that Titan doesn't have cryovolcanoes after all.

("Of course you were," I can imagine one of my colleagues muttering fondly.)

Fortunately, the same data from the Cassini spaceprobe shows that spurts of gaseous salty water--like Perrier!--do erupt on another of Saturn's moons, Enceladus. Cryovolcanoes!

So, of course, my thoughts turned to planetary earrings. None. As I rifled through a catch-all bowl in search of a paperclip, I came upon a pair of spirals. Ah. Now for some beads.

 Rings of Saturn earrings-- minus Saturn and many of her moons.

It's conceptual, not realistic.

Every time I take them off, the beads are in a new arrangement as the rings and beads find new balancing points.

Today is the 99th day. On to triple digits tomorrow!

No comments: