365 Days of Earrings

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Obama Blue

This afternoon I spent some time sorting through the bulk mail that piles up on the island in my kitchen. I remove the bills daily, and toss lots of junk mail in the trash. But some mail sits a while until I decide what to do with it. Like this decal that came in a fundraising mailer for Barack Obama.

I don't like to advertise my political beliefs. I've never put a bumper sticker on my car. But I'm considering placing this decal in my car window. After listening to the Republican contenders embarrass themselves in debate after debate, I'm proud to have voted for a knowledgeable, intelligent, compassionate man.

I made these earrings this afternoon using Ugandan wrapped paper beads and Czech glass beads. They match Obama's blue.  

No comments: