365 Days of Earrings

Monday, May 9, 2011

Spiraling

I love these earrings. They seem to cycle around themselves, symbols of constant change, even as they remain the same. When they were new, some 20 years ago, the illusion was even more striking. Many years of dangling, storage, and transport have taken their toll. They were a gift from my brother's ex-wife, among the earrings I neglected for a few years until my brother's happiness in his new marriage enabled me to wear them anew.
I wandered out to our berry patch to take a photo tonight. Most of the blueberry blossoms have dropped their petals and are beginning to form their fruits, first green, then pink, then blue. We don't have long to wait until we can breakfast on berries. 
Taking a few moments each day to pause and reflect, to think of cycles, change, and stability. This is a great gift that I have given myself this year.

1 comment:

Käthe said...

That was the perfect place to showcase these earrings! I thought they were early blueberries, at first glance.